After a lot of thought, you’ve decided your home is too big. You haven’t seen the cat in days and the living room hasn’t been lived in for years. The kids have moved out or you quite simply hate the idea of cleaning three bathrooms. The reasons for downsizing are numerous, but the tactics to accomplish the goal of downsizing are very similar. We simplify the downsizing process so you can focus on the things that matter most.
On November 26/19 join HaliPad Real Estate Inc. and renowned Organize Anything expert, Colette Robicheau to learn how to effectively right size your life.
Why you might want to downsize:
- Less upkeep and responsibility
- Financial freedom
- More flexibility
- Your environmental conscience
- Save time commuting to services
- Less stuff
This chat is ideal for anyone:
- Unsure how to maximize their property value
- Looking to simplify their daily lives
- Looking to focus on experiences rather than things
- Interested in practical pointers of where to begin and what to focus on
- Has a loved one who needs to move into a smaller location or assisted living
During this chat, you’ll learn:
- The best time to sell your home
- The steps to determine your current property value
- The renovations or repairs to focus on to maximize your property value
- Resources to make downsizing dilemmas disappear
- How to sort, re-home and organize your belongings before and after your move
- How to plan the layout of furniture for your new residence
- How to limit the stress of a move and get settled quickly with minimum frustration
The process of relocating to a smaller home for lifestyle, financial or health issues can be stressful, time consuming and exhausting. We are here to help you plan your entire move from start to finish, in an effort to alleviate as much of this stress as possible.
Colette Robicheau – Award Winning Professional Organizer, Home Stager and Life Coach
For nearly 20 years Colette has been helping people with the physical and emotional aspects of transitioning into a new home. Among her many distinctions, Colette is the first Certified Professional Organizer in Chronic Disorganization in Canada and has appeared in print, on radio and national television. She has spoken internationally on a variety of organizing topics including The United States, Japan, United Kingdom and South Africa. Colette has a diploma in Adult Education and is also a member of the Serving Seniors Alliance. She has certificates of study in Aging and Life transitions. Colette is a big believer in giving back to her community. She is the Co-Founder and Chair of 100 Women Who Care Halifax, a giving circle that has out nearly half a million dollars directly in the hands of Halifax charities.
Chris Perkins, Award Winning Broker/Owner of HaliPad Real Estate Inc.
Chris Perkins is a career REALTOR® with more than 12 years experience in the industry. Previously, he ranked in the top 1% of agents with the Coldwell Banker Real Estate brand and was recognized by Coldwell Banker International as a recipient of the Top 30 Under 30 award. In 2017, Chris brought his commitment to providing outstanding client experiences to the Halifax marketplace. He founded HaliPad Real Estate Inc. where he could directly influence the culture and service expectations among his agents. HaliPad agents are full time, knowledgeable and dedicated. His goal is to ensure all HaliPad clients get complete support and all the information they need to make the best real estate moves possible.